No.1 Fire Station (fmr), Perth (1901, 1906, 1911, 1970s)
The No. 1 Fire Station was the headquarters for fire-fighting and emergency rescue in Western Australia for nearly 80 years.
Commonly known as Old Perth Fire Station, it was the first purpose-built fire station in WA and had its own blacksmith facilities and workshop where firefighters made fire-fighting equipment and clothing (right down to buttons and boots).
Today, the Old Perth Fire Station has a new role as the Fire and Emergency Services Education and Heritage Centre. The story of fire fighting in the colony is vividly told through images, multimedia and lovingly restored displays of early fire-fighting equipment, including the original fireman’s poles.
Read more about No. 1 Fire Station by downloading the Register Entry and Assessment Documentation
Return to the Main Gallery list